- It wasn't actually clear if my order had gone through on the site, until a confirmation order was sent through to my email a day or two later
- About 5 days later, I received another email letting me know that my order was dispatched, but nothing about my order, or how to track it.
- Since I couldn't track my order from the dispatch email, I had to dig super deep into the site. And only then did I find out that my tracking number was not recognized. ugh!
- After three weeks with no word, I tried calling customer service. They were too busy and I was told to hang up if my call was in relation to a delayed order. What are they there for then?
- I also emailed them and never got so much as a " thank you, a service rep will be in touch"
- I tried requesting a return, but even that was complicated, so I told my credit card company I never received them and to please take the charge off ( they did the next day!)
- But then, over a month later, they FINALLY arrived
Monday, January 31, 2011
Top Shop. I'm not sure, however, how long this love will last given my recent purchase and customer service (or lack thereof) experience. After spotting these fabulous shoes in Lucky, I decided that they were the perfect companion to my high waisted and wide leg jeans. Plus, really fabulous for spring. But as I alluded to earlier, my recent purchase has left a sour taste in my mouth. And, while these platform oxford patent leather shoes are fabulous, I'm just not sure I can justify keeping them with the lack of customer service and care I received. So what happened? After placing my order (over a month ago), with standard shipping, I was told to expect them to arrive within 7-10 days. Okay, I thought, I can wait for that. But after checking out, everything seemed to go south:
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
As promised, more animal print love here! This time, it's for this great shoulder chain bag from Nasty Gal. Perfect for a night out on the town, or cocktails with the ladies; this wardrobe piece comes with a price tag that you can can afford to experiment with. Go get 'em tiger.
Monday, January 17, 2011
With classic minimalism at the forefront, my favorite looks included Emma Stone and Anne Hathaway. And, as a indication of what's to come this spring, pink tones seemed to dominate as seen in this compilation from Who,What,Wear, taking cue from Pantone's color of the year, Honey Suckle.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
JewelMint. Started by the ever fabulous Kate Bosworth and her best friend + celebrity stylist Cher Coulter, the pieces are fabulous, not to mention the prices! Recently becoming one of it's members, I've received personalized style selections, style tips and lucky enough to receive several credits for free pieces. Not only are the pieces unique and of very high quality, but the packaging continues to surprise and delight. Arriving in elegant green and black boxes, all wrapped up in bows and velvet, your piece also comes with a little note and description of how to rock it from Kate and Cher. I couldn't wait to get my hands on what was inside.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
I figured that adding a bit of fun to the space could only help it look better and thereby feel better. Lately I've been feeling a lot of animal print. Much to my surprise and delight, I found these pillows (great design and fabric) at WALMART. Yes, that's right, I said it, the dreaded Wally World. (Don't even ask why I was there in the first place). Quality on the cheap is hard to come by, so I feel like 2011 is starting out rather serendipitous. Yay for animal print! More on animal print love to come.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
A big believer of quality over quantity, I'm not much of a fashion DIY. But, when I came across this feather skirt, I couldn't help but think of getting started on creating this Michael Kors like feather statement piece. From one of my favorite sites, P.S. I made this, and published on Who What Wear, I am super excited to try this out. If anyone else is thinking of trying it, let me know how the Black Swan - esque accoutrement comes out!
Posted by Mary Boersma at 8:26 AM